Sunday, September 2, 2007

Hello everyone- I actually was just about finished writing an entry when I accidentally deleted it. So I'll try to summarize what I wrote about... Things here are going really well. I came to Niamey today with some friends as we have free days on Sundays. I guess I should tell the most exciting news first- this past week we had site announcements and found out where each of us (insh'allah) will be living for the next two years. I will be in a town of about 10,000 people 90 km northeast of Maradi, one of the main cities in Niger. My host family is actually originally from Maradi, so they were very excited to hear that's where I'm going and are familiar with the town. They told me they think I'll really like it and that the road is pretty good, so that's exciting. I think I will like the size of the town- not too big to feel overwelmed but big enough to have a good market, etc. To add to the good news, two of my good friends here are also posted in the Maradi region, in towns pretty close to mine. Before I forget, here is my new address- anything you mail from now on should be sent here-
Allie Helling, PCV
BP 114
Maradi, Niger
WEST AFRICA
In that vein, some people have asked what I'd like to be sent- I guess I'd say first of all letters- the best thing would be just to hear what everyone is up to. The second would of course be food - I haven't changed at all. Cliff bars, fruit snacks, any non-chocolate candy would be wonderful. I can't promise much in return, though, except handwritten letters.
I'm going to see if I can post some pictures with this entry- here goes nothing...

1 comment:

NIGER1.COM said...

Hello from the website
http://www.niger1.com/niger.html
niger1.com@gmail.com